The A/B Test campaign enables you to measure content performance from every campaign. By testing out different messages, creative and calls to action, you can discover your audience’s preferences and optimize future campaigns. Use it whenever you want to get an accurate understanding of user behavior and what messaging, creative, or offer your audience responds to most.
With A/B testing, you set the probability by which each experience is displayed. Once a user is presented with an experience, they are cookied, and only see that particular experience until you restart the test.
- A/B Test campaigns are versatile and can be shared via email or as any website embed
- Measure which email acquisition marketing program works best
- Learn which Experience interaction types perform best for your audience
How to Set Up
Create New Campaign
Head over to the Campaigns Dashboard. Click New Campaign at the right.
- Name your campaign
- Choose an Experience to associate with it (you can add more later)
- Select A/B Test
- Click Create Campaign
Scroll down to Connected Experiences. You’ll see the first experience you added. You’ll want to add more to be able to rotate through them.
- Click Add Experience and select the next experience you’d like to add.
- Follow prompts to locate and select your Experience.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have all the experiences added that you would like to include in this campaign.
Next, you’ll need to set the probability for the appearance of each experience.
- If you’d like each to have the same odds of appearing, give them all the same probability.
- If you have one or more that you would like to appear more often than the others, simply increase their weight.
If You Are Sharing via Email
If you are sharing your A/B Test campaign via email, the experience cover images will not be dynamically populated in a user’s inbox. Therefore, you need to create an image to display in your email that will represent your experiences.
Click on the Image link at the top of your Snippet.
Upload your Campaign Image, the image that will represent your experiences when displayed in the recipient’s email.